ECS Building Access during COVID-19
As of March 13th, UVic has moved away from face-to-face delivery of course material for the remainder of the spring and fall 2020 terms. In response, instructors have been working to transition to other modes of delivery and are communicating with you about remaining course content and how student assessment will be performed.
Computer Science E-Learning Services
The Department of Computer Science has the following facilities available to assist instructors and students with remote access and E-Learning requirements.
- conneX - Computer Science Learning Management System
- Rocket.Chat - Team Chat for courses and research
- SSH/SFTP Login Servers - Linux login services
- Engineering Remote Labs - Remote Windows/Linux desktop services
- JupyterLab - Online electronic notebooks and development environment
- Web Publishing - Personal, course and research websites
- Gitlab - Online Git version control and development tools
- Course Specific Application Servers - virtual machines
- Video Recording, Screen Sharing, Virtual Conferences and VPN
University Wide E-Learning Services
In addition to specialized systems available within the Department, instructors can access additional services that are available through the University’s centralized tools to support online teaching: